Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Year, New Challenges, New Blessings

Hello!
I realize that it has been a long time since I have written here, and for that I am sorry. One of my New Year's resolutions is to write an entry for this blog every week. It may not always be long or beautifully written, but I think it's important for me to at least be posting prayer requests and praises about the goings-on here at Casa Bernabe. God is always doing so much here, and that deserves testimony. I just arrived back here at CB from spending the holidays with my family, which was really wonderful and relaxing. I also got to spend a lot of time with friends baking cookies, having dance parties, drinking coffee, bridesmaid dress hunting and a variety of other fantastic things. My last Sunday at church I was able to share a little bit of what God's been teaching me and what I did as a part of the ministry here at Casa Bernabe. Throughout this vacation I received so much encouragement - an incredible blessing! Now that I'm back I'm looking forward to settling in and figuring out a new routine here. The next 4 months that I will be here will be a bit different than the first 3. First of all, I'm moving into my new house this afternoon, Casa Nueva Esperanza, or House of New Hope which is home to boys ages 9-12. I will be working as the apoyo (support or helper) and as an English teacher in the school. While switching into this house will undoubtedly be a new challenge, I've already been really encouraged by the house parents, who have both been very welcoming and eager to communicate. Please pray that we continue to communicate well and that we will be able to build a successful partnership that brings glory to God and provides the boys with the most love and wisdom possible. Please pray also for wisdom and creativity as I talk with the school principal this week about how we are going to schedule my English classes and the form they will take. The overwhelming theme of my time serving here in Casa Bernabe has been the faithfulness of God in all situations. He is awesome and powerful and He has a purpose for this place and for me being here. Surely "it is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes" Psalm 118:8-9. Amen!
Trusting in His Love,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment