Friday, January 28, 2011

My Heart is Full

God is so good to me and His Spirit is moving here in Casa Bernabe. One of His greatest blessings to me in the last few weeks here has been the morning prayer time we have every weekday at 7:30am. We come together to intercede for the children and teens here, to lift one another up to Jesus and to give glory and praise to God for all that He is doing. During these time of prayer and petition the Holy Spirit's presence with us has been so tangible, especially this morning. I felt Him stir my soul to praise Him and to fight for my boys who have been told so many lies. Every day they struggle with feelings of loneliness and a lack of self-worth; every day the devil tries to convince them that they are not worthy of love, that no one will ever really love them. The prayer of my heart today and for the rest of my time here is that the truth of God's love will shine through me into their lives, that when they look at me they wouldn't see the broken woman I am but only the presence of Jesus in my life. We serve an incredible God who is all-powerful, who is able and willing to fill the void in our hearts, to renew us and transform us into the image of His Son. Through the blood of the Son we can approach the throne of grace with confidence, that though we are broken and sinful, healing is truly possible in Jesus. I am so grateful for His invasion of my life, for His powerful reminder to me today that He truly is enough for me, no matter what the future brings. Whether or not I get into grad school, whether or not the things I've wanted for so long ever come to fruition, He is enough for me. More than enough. He is more than enough to heal the wounds on my heart and on the hearts of my boys. Please join me in interceding for them before the throne of God. May all the glory, honor and praise be to our God forever and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment